ENAJ associate member AnimalhealthEurope together with The Parliament Magazine organizes an online debate moderated by journalist Dave Keating at 9 September 2020 – 14:00 – 15:30.
Webinar: smaller, greener… healthier?
As Europe forms its strategies to deliver on the EU Green Deal’s goals of net-zero emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050, restoring biodiversity, and moving to a clean, circular economy – the debate will focus on the future of the livestock sector in Europe and what sustainability measures will entail for animal health and welfare in livestock production.
- Opening speech by Stella Kyriakides, European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
The EU Green Deal and its Farm to Fork Strategy: What role for animal health?
- Debate kick-off speech by MEP Norbert Lins, Chair of European Parliament AGRI Committee
Livestock farming in Europe: what does sustainability look like?
- Jude Capper, Livestock Sustainability Consultant
- Martin Scholten, Director Animal Sciences, Wageningen University
- Kurt Sannen, IFOAM Organics Europe
- Julie Vermooten, AnimalhealthEurope Management Committee Chair
- Norbert Lins, European Parliament AGRI Committee