Thanks to support from AGROMEK, the leading fair for Agricultural Technology and Innovation, ENAJ announces a new competition to reward talent amongst young agricultural journalists.
Recognising excellence in European social media reporting of agricultural innovation, Talented Young Ag-Journalist 2021 will see ten young journalists travel to Herning, Denmark, in January 2021 to visit AGROMEK, where ENAJ’s next AGM will also take place.
As well as having the opportunity to report from the fair itself, and mix with ENAJ members attending the event, the ten young journalists – who can be no older than 35 – will each produce a short video clip focusing on the Agromek Stars.
Designed to showcase and highlight agricultural innovation, the Stars programme recognises excellence in new product development. Exhibitors compete for the coveted three stars, awarded to exceptional products that improve effect, ergonomics, comfort, environment, economy
The young journalists’ videos will be posted on social media channels, with the best video selected by jury during the show. The winner will be announced at the fair itself, receiving the honour of Talented Young Ag-Journalist 2021 and a prize (further details to be announced).
“We are looking forward to welcoming young agricultural journalists from Europe at AGROMEK,” says Claus Hermansen, Director of AGROMEK. “The fair has developed a “safety-first concept” to allow the invitation of professionals from all over the world.”
ENAJ chairman Hans Siemes welcomes the announcement of the new competition. “It’s most important that we continue to report freely and effectively about agricultural innovation and agri-tech. There is no better place to do it than AGROMEK.
“We’re delighted to enjoy the continuing support of AGROMEK’s organisers, both in facilitating this competition and hosting our AGM again.”
How to enter
ENAJ members interested in entering the competition should first apply to their home guilds or associations, using this entry form. Each ENAJ association can submit one nomination for the competition from the entries they receive from members.
Candidates will already be active on social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and once nominated, they will have the opportunity to further demonstrate their reporting skills.
The postings will be viewed by a jury from ENAJ and AGROMEK and the final ten participants will be selected and announced by the end of October 2020.
- August 27: competition opens and entry form available
- September 30: Deadline for guilds to nominate a candidate
- October 7: Zoom meeting (13.00-14.30 CET) with Claus Hermansen, Director of AGROMEK, and Sisse Merrild Nielsen, Project Manager, to inform all entrants of the most innovative exhibitors / new cooperations of AGROMEK
- October 15: Deadline for applications: nominated candidates must send their social media postings to jury
- January 15: Zoom meeting with ten finalists to prepare for AGROMEK
- January 17-20: AGROMEK. Each finalist will produce a short video (60s to max 1:20min) about the Agromek Stars
- January 19: Winner announced and award presented
Who can apply?
Candidates will be nominated by their guilds, from the entry forms they receive from members. Each ENAJ guild can nominate one candidate before the closing date of September 15. Candidates should:
- be working journalists in good standing with their guild
- be familiar with social media
- be no older than 35, as at 31 December 2020
- be fluent in English (does not need to be a first language)
- be available to travel to Herning in January 2021
All nominated candidates will participate in a Zoom meeting with Claus Hermansen, director of AGROMEK, when he will inform the candidates of the most important topics to be addressed at AGROMEK 2021.
Program for AGROMEK
January 17: Arrival at Herning. Welcome dinner with ENAJ delegates
January 18: Farm visit. Press dinner
January 19: Visit AGROMEK. Finalists to produce videos (60s to 90s) reporting on Agromek Stars. Winner selected and announced in award ceremony. Show dinner
January 20: Departure
Costs covered by AGROMEK
- Accommodation in Herning for three nights
- Three days’ breakfast and dinner
- Farm visits on Monday, January 18
- Programme at Agromek on Tuesday, January 19 and Wednesday, January 20
Selected participants must make their own arrangements for the trip and must cover their own travel expenses.
Freelancers can apply for a grant of €200 from AGROMEK.
ENAJ: Katharina Seuser email@example.com
AGROMEK: Sisse Merrild Nielsen firstname.lastname@example.org