Together with the Belgian Guild of Agricultural Journalists (BVLJ-ABJA), ENAJ organizes a low-budget press trip to Belgium themed ‘The heart of European horticulture’ from Wednesday, October 6th to Friday, October 8th. Preference for the press program will be given to Ag journalists specialized in vegetables and fruit production, research and trade. Each guild may submit two candidates, with an indication of a preferred journalist and one for a reserve list. Please submit your application to Adrian Krebs (email@example.com) by September 18th. There is room for 20 journalists.
- Ardo, an international player in frozen vegetables (Belgium is market leader in frozen vegetables)
- BelOrta, one of Europe’s biggest vegetables and fruit auctions and price maker for Europe and beyond
- A horticultural research center (Proefstation voor Groenteteelt)
- A soil research centre (Scientia Terrae)
- An international organic fertilizer producer (DCM)
- A company specialised in automatization in horticulture (Hortiplan)
- A salad producer (Goni)
- A global market leader in fresh, frozen and prepared fruit and vegetables, flowers and plants (Greenyard)
The program starts on Wednesday at 12:00 and ends Friday at 15:00. At 15:00, there will be an opportunity to visit the historical city of Mechelen, once the capital of the Netherlands, where Emperor Charles V grew up. Our hotel is in the centre of Mechelen.
Fee: If you share a room, the fee for this trip is 190 euro. Those who prefer a single room will pay 250 euro. The fee includes most of the meals, transportation and the hotel. You must tell us with who you want to share a room
Covid: EU COVID CERTIFICATE is mandatory (i.e. the proof of being vaccinated, recovered after COVID-19 or having a negative PCR test).