Fact and figures
- Members: 16 Companies and 6 National Associations
- Founded: 1988
Office: Avenue des Nerviens 9-31, 1040 Etterbeek, Brussels
Javier Goñi del Cacho (Fertiberia) , Bartolomeo Pescio (YARA), Paweł Łapiński (Grupa Azoty), Jacob Hansen (Fertilizers Europe), Andreas Steinbuechler (borealis) , Frank De Vogelaere (YARA), Mindaugas Liaukonis (Achema) , Krzystof Homenda (Grupa Azoty), Aviv Bar Tal (ICL) , Radomir Věk (Lovochemie), Zoltán Bige (Nitrogénművek Zrt.), Theodora Kouloura (New Karvali Fertilizers) , Gert Jan de Geus (OCI Nitrogen) , Mihai Anitei (AZOMURES), Charles Bendaña (EuroChem), Jacek Mendelewski (Anwil) , Florence Nys (Unifa), Dietrich Pradt (Iva)
- Representing the majority of fertilizer producers in Europe
- Providing sector specific science-based information on mineral fertilizers.
- Raising awareness about the role of fertilizers in food production and in sustaining life on this planet
- Communicating with a wide variety of institutions, legislators, stakeholders and members of the public who seek information on fertilizer technology and topics relating to today’s agricultural, climate, environmental and economic challenges.
- Raising awareness in the farming communities about the best use of fertilizers in agriculture, their environmental impact and nutrient recycling opportunities.
- Fostering dialogue with policymakers, scientists and other stakeholders to ensure a sustainable, productive and profitable agricultural sector in Europe.
- Ensuring that members companies adopt the highest standards of production techniques and safety procedures