The European Association for Bioindustries
corporate and associate member
Fact and figures
EuropaBio, the European Association for Bioindustries, is the recognised voice of the European biotech community championing world-class solutions for society’s challenges.
- Members: 81 corporate and associate members and bio regions, and 15 national biotechnology associations in turn representing over 1800 biotech SMEs at a Member State level
Office: Avenue des Arts 53, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
web: www.europabio.org , e-mail: C.Robijns@europabio.org, L.McMurtry@europabio.org
EuropaBio and its members are committed to the socially responsible use of biotechnology to improve quality of life, to prevent, diagnose, treat and cure diseases, to improve the quality and quantity of food and feedstuffs and to move towards a biobased and zero-waste economy. We are actively engaged in increasing communications surrounding the benefits of biotech and contribute to the creation of a coherent and positive innovation climate for the bioindustry in Europe. Through our member associations, we also foster a standing open and transparent dialogue and communications with all stakeholders.
As noted in our 2019 Biotechnology Industry Manifesto, we want to reset the ambition for biotechnology in the EU. We promote five guiding principles for a competitive EU biotechnology industry:
1. Sound science-based policy making
2. Fast and equitable access to innovative biotechnology products and processes
3. Fair and sustainable Intellectual Property systems
4. A supportive and predictable funding framework
5. A highly skilled workforce in all Member States