The ENAJ main activities are:
- ENAJ organises two annual meetings for ENAJ delegates, (two per member country/association). The General Assembly often takes place in Brussels with support from Agribex, or in Herning, Denmark, with support from Agromek. In addition, we often organise a further ENAJ meeting connected with the Informal Farm Council (in the EU Presidency country).
- Maintain and develop the ENAJ web site enaj.eu and the ENAJ on social media (primarily Twitter)
- Study trips for young journalists to visit the EU Institutions in Brussels and to Belgian Flanders
- Seminars at Agrotechnica (Germany) and Agromek (Denmark).
- A young journalist competition, originally supported by DG AGRI.
- Organises thematic low-budget press trips for its member journalists.
- Offers its members invitations and special facilities at national events and agricultural fairs.
- Organises networking activities with different European confederations, umbrella organisations of farmers’ organisations i.e. COPA-COGECA, FEFAC etc.
To fulfil the ENAJ objectives and activities, it is important that we work together and that all agricultural journalists join their national agricultural journalist association. Those who do not yet have an association to join are invited to contact us (see contact details on www.enaj.eu) and we will do our utmost to support and advise you in the networking needed to start and form a national association that can become part of ENAJ.